Episode 14! Infinity And Beyond
Yes, we flat out skipped episode 12. Why, because mathematicians can’t count …
In this episode:
- Zeno’s beach bungalow and why he can’t come out to play
- Do train tracks actually touch at infinity? How do YOU know? Have you been there?
- Watch out for the Hordes!!
- Welcome to the Hilbert Hotel … you can check in any time you like, blah, blah, blah …
- What do you do with an infinite number of mathematicians? Run!
- Explaining jokes at the Unit Interval, a great neighborhood bar.
- Is one type of infinity BIGGER than another kind?
- Counting ALL the Real Numbers, “… 2, ah ah … 3, ah ah … pi, ah ah!”
- The Power Set: the enemy of the X-Men.
- Fractals, Hippies, and gettin’ trippy
- Is Nick a quantum human?
It’s taken a while to get this episode up. Our original plan of having a weekly or bi-weekly schedule was more than ambitious than we’d expected.
But, never fear, we haven’t stopped – only slowed down to make room for those pesky things in life like work, school, and family!