Episode 011: Learning How To Count – Let My Primates Go!
EDIT: I want to make clear that the episode below includes some new musical interludes that are in the “rough draft” stage. I put it up because I’d love to hear comments from you, our audience, on what you felt worked and didn’t work. Our goal is to add in some extra “stylings”, but we don’t want these to drown out the content.
Please feel free to comment in the comments section about what you think worked and what you think didn’t. Your opinions will help to make this an even better show!
In This Episode:
- All about Combinatorics – the Mathematicians fancy way of “counting”.
- The magical musical and production styling’s of Keith Schreiner make Tom and Nick seem “almost” respectable.
- Tom invents the natural numbers in under 3 minutes.
- 5 primates are standing in a line … can you come up with a punch line?
- Is the factorial [5! = 5x4x3x2x1] just a way for mathematicians to justify yelling?
- How many ways can you cage 2 primates out of 5? And is this illegal?
- The importance of watching Stargate SG1.
- Why is your genome smarter than your computer?
- If you went far enough on a space ship, would your toothpaste taste like rye bread?
- Apparently Nick ‘Horton’ has an alter-eg0, Nick ‘Lion’. It does sound more manly.
This program was produced by Keith Schreiner who’s other work you can find here.